Greyhawk - Back to the Beginning
The Ranger of the group.
Level: Courser (4th) Race: Human Class: Ranger Alignment: NG Age: 21 Height: 6’8" Weight: 195lbs.
Strength 17| Hit Adjustment: +1 Damage Adjustment: +1 Weight Adjustment: +500 Open Doors: 1-3 Bend Bars: 13%
Intelligence 15| Additional Languages: 4 Know Spells: 65% Minimum Spells: 7 Maximum Spells: 11
Wisdom 15| Mind Save: +1 Spell Failure: 0% Bonus Spells: Two First Level One Second Level
Dexterity 16| Surprise Adjustment: +1 Missile Adjustment: +1 Defense Adjustment: -2
Constitution 17| Hit Point Adjustment: +3 System Shock: 97% Resurrection Survival: 98%
Charisma 10| Maximum Henchmen: 4 Loyalty Base: Normal Reaction Adjustment: Normal
- Paralyzation, Poison, Death Magic: 13
- Petrification, Polymorph: 14
- Rod, Staff, or Wand: 15
- Breath Weapon: 16
- Spells: 16
Hit Points: 31
Armor Class: -1 Armor worn: +2 Chain Mail, +1 Shield and -2 per Dexterity.
Movement Base Rate: 12"
Class Specifications: +10% Experience earned.
- Longbow THAC0: 18
- Bastard Sword THAC0: 18
- Dagger THAC0: 18
|Chain Mail +2||30|
|Bastard Sword +1||50|
|Pale Blue Ioun Stone|
1. When fighting creatures of the giant class (see below) add 1 hit point of damage per level of Ranger attained to the points of damage scored in melee combat.
- Ogre Magi
2. Rangers surprise opponents 50% of the time, and are only surprised 16% of the time.
3. Tracking, both outdoors and in underground and dungeon settings:
- Underground, the ranger must observe the creature for 3 rounds, and must begin to track at a place the creature was observed:
|Creature’s Action:||Chance to Track:|
|going along normal passage in a room||65%|
|passes through a normal door or uses stairs||55%|
|goes through a trap door||45%|
|goes up/down a chimney or through a concealed door||35%|
|passes through a secret door||25%|
- Outdoors there is a 90% base chance of the ranger being able to follow a creature, modified as follows:
|-for each creature above one in the party being tracked||+02%|
|-for every 24 hours which have elapsed between making the track and tracking||-10%|
|-for each hour of precipitation||-25%|
4. At named level; Ranger, rangers gain certain druidic spell ability, and acquire additional spells through 17th level.
5. Upon obtaining the title of Ranger Knight, rangers gain certain magic-user spell ability, as with druidic spell abilities. Rangers, however, may not read druidic or magic-user spells from scrolls.
6. Upon obtaining the title of Ranger Lord, rangers are able to employ all non-written magic items which pertain to clairaudience, clairvoyance, ESP, and telepathy.
7. Furthermore as a Ranger Lord, each ranger attracts a body of 2-24 (determined by the DM) followers. Note that these henchmen; once lost, can never be replaced, although mercenaries can be hired.
- Neutral Good
Arthur, as he is known, is but a Runner who is looking to make a name for himself in this world. Much like any other, he decided to head towards where there was danger; which led him to The Village of Hommlet. There he met with McDirk; the acolyte, and Mathias; the rogue. Together they have begun a quest to investigate some strange goings on in the Moathouse outside of town.
As the days continue on Arthur begins to notice the qualities of all in the party. His rogue companion always willing the scout ahead to check for traps and make sure that the party is not walking toward certain doom. Then there is the acolyte who has put everyone in the group before him, sacrificing the glory of combat to make sure all are either standing to fight or ; if incapacitated, able to live to see the next morn.
In recent events the party was exploring the Temple of Elemental Evil, and were captured. Upon being awoken and given the choice “Serve us or die”, Arthur and the Cleric took death; for why would they want to serve an Elemental fiend? They were survived by Branton and Mathias.
Current Status: Deceased.